NOTE: this is an archived page and the content is likely to be out of date.
PaperStream Capture Update 2.1.0
- Windows® 10 (32-bit / 64-bit)
- Windows® 8.1 (32-bit / 64-bit)
- Windows® 7 (32-bit / 64-bit)
- Windows Server® 2016 (64-bit)
- Windows Server® 2012 R2 (64-bit)
- Windows Server® 2012 (64-bit)
- Windows Server® 2008 R2 (64-bit)
- Windows Server® 2008 (32-bit / 64-bit)
For details, please refer to the README.
- Windows® 8 and Windows Vista® are not supported by PaperStream Capture version 2.1.0 or later.
Visit this page to download PaperStream Capture version 2.0.1, which supports Windows® 8 and Windows Vista®.
- Windows® XP is not supported by PaperStream Capture version 1.5 or later.
Visit this page to download PaperStream Capture version 1.0.12, which supports Windows® XP.
Contents of change
New features and Improved Points:
- Output in the Multipage TIFF format is now available with Automatic color detection, Switch by Code Sheet, or Color by Length.
- The maximum number of characters available for a batch folder name is extended from 15 to 32.
- A list of file paths to released files is now available at the Batch Manager window.
- fi-7700, fi-7600, and fi-7700S have been supported.
- The UI has been modified in order to improve operability in deleting blank pages:
- The [Delete Blank Page] option has been added to the scan result confirmation window. With the option, all pages marked with the blank page mark can be removed at once.
- [Blank Page] has been added to the [Automatic Filter] option of [Mark Options] in the [Source] tab at the document profile definition window. When the [Automatic Filter] option is enabled with [Blank Page] selected, the blank pages alone can be shown after scanning.
- The size of thumbnails in a document profile list can be set to [Medium] (the default size) or [Large] at [Profile Thumbnail Size] in the [General] tab of the Administrator Tool.
By switching the size of thumbnails to another, the size of icons and the number of characters available on the icons is changed.
- In a domain environment, the naming rule did not set a computer name but a domain name.
- In rare cases PaperStream Capture stopped responding when scanning documents under either of the following conditions:
- Scan with a PaperStream IP (TWAIN) driver profile that is configured not to show previews during scanning.
- After batch scanning, scan another document and add its pages at the end of the scanned images with a PaperStream IP (TWAIN) driver.
- PaperStream Capture 2.0.1 worked differently from version 1.5.1 or earlier when the metadata field value alone is used for the file naming rule.
[1.5.1 or earlier]
All pages are output to files as long as the files have different names from the existing files. If there is a file with the existing name, the confirmation message appears but the message is incorrect.
The SX03068Q message appears when releasing files whether or not a file with the same name already exists. When you select Yes to the message, the first file will be released. When selecting No, the batch will be an error.
All pages are output to files as long as there are no files with the same name as existing files. If a file name is already used, a correct confirmation message appears.
PaperStream Capture version 1.5 or later has the following differences in performance from version 1.0:
- When using PaperStream IP (TWAIN), its version must be 1.21 or later.
Software change history
If an installation error occurs with PSC2100UPD.exe, find the workaround at this page.
- Be sure to release or delete all suspended batches remaining in PaperStream Capture 1.0 before updating. The update will not be installed over 1.0 if they remain.
- Be sure you log into Windows® as a user with administrator privileges.
- Download "PSC2100UPD.exe" onto your hard drive.
- Quit any other applications that are running on your computer.
- Double-click the downloaded file. Self-extraction of the file is performed and then the installer starts automatically.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the installation.
When the installation has completed, run PaperStream Capture and select [About] on the menu to show the version information.
Confirm the version reads “PaperStream Capture 22.214.171.124”.
You have completed the installation. Please refer to the README prior to activating it.