NOTE: this is an archived page and the content is likely to be out of date.
Press Release -September 2nd, 2013-
PFU Launches ScanSnap SV600:
Scanner that can scan newspaper and books
- Document scanner that can scan up to A3 sized document -
PFU LIMITED (President & CEO: Kiyoshi Hasegawa; Tokyo Headquarters: Kawasaki City, Saiwai Ward, Japan) released of SV600, a new lineup in the ScanSnap series, which deliver simple and speedy paper-to-PDF digitization in a compact design.
* Compatible with both Windows® (bundled software) /
Mac OS (software scheduled to be provided)
More and more customers around the world choose ScanSnap series personal scanners because they deliver simple and speedy document digitization to PDF files.
SV600 is a new document scanner which utilizes a new technology “Versatile Imaging Technology” (hereafter referred to as VI Technology) to maintain the user friendliness and high image quality.
SV600 offers scanning of large size documents (up to A3 size) as well as bound books directly in document quality[*1] which are particular in ScanSnap series for its sharp scanned image data. Inheriting the symbolic “One Touch” feature from the ScanSnap Series and equipped with “Book Image Correction”[*2 ] (to correct distortion caused by the curve of an opened book) and “Page Turning Detection”, various media can be converted into digital data without hassle.
The scanner is bundled with software for Windows® OS, and software for Mac OS (Driver software, business card management software, OCR software)[*3 ] is scheduled to be available to download in autumn 2013.
Through this scanner, PFU supports digitizing media that cannot be scanned easily until now, and will continue to evolve customers’ lifestyle.
Features of SV600
1. Various documents can be digitalized easily with the new technology – VI Technology
VI Technology combines deep depth of field lens, high directivity LED lamp and CCD linear image sensor to minimize the unevenness in image quality when scanning and produce uniform document quality. With this technology, even large size documents and bound books can be digitized easily.
- Able to scan newspaper or magazines of any size (up to A3 size[*4])
No more hassle to cut or fold documents such as newspaper, books and magazines, simply position the documents and they can be scanned directly without any extra effort. In addition, not only thick documents[*5] such as books or greeting cards, but also documents with sticky notes can be scanned directly without any difficulty.
- Able to scan precious books or delicate documents easily
SV600 is able to scan without touching the surface, so there are no worries when scanning important documents such as precious books, photos, original copy of contract, as well as documents that may be damaged by touching such as crayon or oil paintings.
2. All-in-one model to create and read your own digital books
SV600 is equipped with book image correction and page turning detection function[*6] to assist in scanning books. Besides, it is also bundled with “Rack2-Filer Smart with Magic Desktop” which is usually bundled with deluxe models. SV600 is the all-in-one model to organize and read scanned image data like digital books.
- Book Image Correction – automatically corrects the distortion caused by the curve of an opened book
SV600 is equipped with “Book Image Correction” to correct the distortion caused by the curve of an opened book. Scanned images can be confirmed and fine tuned on the preview dialog, thus image data of scanned magazines and books can be as sharp as scanned image of cut sheet paper.
- Page Turning Detection – continuous page scanning becomes efficient
SV600 is equipped with “Page Turning Detection” to automatically detect when a page is turned during scanning. Users can digitize a book in just one touch without hassle.
- Easy Book Creation – converts image data to digital books with ease
The new feature of “Rack2-filer Smart”, “Easy Book Creation”, can automatically set the size of the display according to the size of the scanned book on the virtual bookshelf and create thumbnails using the scanned front and spine of the book. This function has been added to enhance the operation from scanning to digitalizing books in a simple manner.
3. Various functions to achieve simple, compact and speedy scanning
- Fast start up time and scanning speed
SV600 is ready to scan in 3 seconds after switching on the scanner. Furthermore, less than 3 seconds[*7] are needed for scanning large A3 size documents. This high speed scanning means users can be stress free when scanning.
- Equipped with “Multiple Document Detection” that enables scanning and cropping multiple documents in one scan
With the “Multiple Document Detection” function, multiple documents can be automatically scanned and cropped in only one scan when positioning in the scan area. Users can save time and hassle by placing several business cards, related photos, memos etc at once and let SV600 does the cropping intelligently.
- Bundled with a full line up of useful software
SV600 is bundled with “Adobe® Acrobat® Standard” for editing PDF files and “CardMinder” for managing business cards, that means users can use the scanner right after purchase.
List price and release date of SV600
List price and release schedule vary from sales region to sales region.
- ScanSnap, ScanSnap Manager, CardMinder, Rack2-filer Smart and Magic Desktop are either registered trademarks or trademarks of PFU Limited in Japan.
- Windows is either a registered trademark or trademark of US Microsoft Corporation in the United States, Japan and/or other countries.
- Mac OS is a trademark of Apple Inc.
- Adobe and Acrobat are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated in the United States and/or other countries.
- ABBYY and FineReader is a trademark of ABBYY.
- Other company names and product names are the registered trademarks or trademarks of the respective companies.
- Due to the characteristics of the scanner, the image quality is different from the past ScanSnap series. Please confirm the image quality of SV600 from webpage before making purchase.
- Technology developed together with Fujitsu R&D center (President: Mr. Shigeru Sasaki; Headquarter: Beijing, China).
- The software for Mac OS provide to SV600 users are ScanSnap Manager (Driver software), CardMinder (business card management software), and ABBYY FineReader for ScanSnap™(OCR software).
- The maximum document size is 400×300mm for documents of thickness over 5mm.
- The maximum document thickness of scanned document is 30mm.
- The scanning function using Timed Mode is equipped to scan document continuously in set timed interval.
- The time between actual start of scanning (scanning pad) and finish scanning.
Please note that your use of the electronic data generated by using this product may be restricted by certain intellectual property rules including, but not limited to, copyright laws and regulations in your jurisdiction and worldwide. Please comply with any and all laws and regulations applied to your use of this product and the generated data.
- Fujitsu global site product information -
- Fujitsu global site shops -