How it works
Advanced productivity for high-volume scanning
The fi-7900 achieves scanning speeds of 140 ppm/280 ipm (A4 landscape, color, 200/300 dpi), is capable of scanning up to as many as 120,000 sheets a day, and is highly optimized for centralized scanning.
The scanner is designed with operator usability as its first priority. It provides high quality technology for reliable scanning, a user-friendly design inherited from our high-end scanners, as well as enhanced image processing functions. Users can enjoy comfortable scanning while improving their work efficiency significantly.
- Automatic Separation Control function and Skew Reducer to ensure stable feeding
- Paper Protect function to prevent documents from being damaged
- Stacking Control function and Elevator Stacker for easy paper collection from the stacker
- Manual Feed Mode to scan various types of documents
- Environment-friendly product certified with ENERGY STAR Version 3
- Low profile design with operation panel and LCD for comfortable scanning
- Cleaning Mode for easy maintenance
- LAN network capability certified for Silex Device Server users
- Comes with PaperStream IP and PaperStream Capture providing advanced image processing functions
- PaperStream ClickScan also available for ad-hoc use to scan in 3 simple steps
- PaperStream Capture Pro software available as a premium option
Enhanced productivity for high-volume centralized scanning work
Prevent errors with reliable feeding functions
The Automatic Separation Control function adjusts torque on brake rollers by observing the slip ratio of papers, that can differ slightly depending on frictional wear and the amount of dust stuck on the rollers. This reduces the need for manual torque adjustments and frees you from multi-feeds and paper pick-up issues.
The Skew Reducer also helps improve feeding performance and prevents re-scanning that can result from document edges getting cut off.
Independent separator rollers ensure that a document that is skewed will not affect the alignment of following sheets.
Reduce workload before and after scanning
With the independent side guides, you can easily align edges of variously sized documents when loading them on the scanner.
The independent side guides can be adjusted to accommodate all paper sizes.
To ensure that documents are neatly stacked after scanning, the Stacking Control function controls paper output speed, and the Elevator Stacker automatically adjusts stacker position according to the amount of ejected paper. These functions make it easy for operators to collect scanned documents from the scanner.
Stacking Control function
The Elevator Stacker adjusts the height to keep the best position for paper ejected.
Scan any document with a single scanner
The scanner handles various types of business documents so that you can get all scanning work done with a single scanner. By simply changing the feed mode to Manual Feed Mode, you can easily scan thick documents such as drawings folded in half, multi-layered receipts, and envelopes.
Stress-free usability with an environment and user-friendly design
As a green product certified with ENERGY STAR Version 3, you can boost your productivity without any concern about impacting the environment.
By using the operation panel and LCD, operators can scan directly from the scanner with the job-registration function, and complete various operations such as adjusting scanning settings and checking existing error statuses.
The scanner’s low profile design enables comfortable scanning even while sitting down in your office. Its compact size requires minimum space so that you can enjoy using free space as needed for your own work.
Clean the scanner easily
Cleaning Mode makes your maintenance routines much easier. The LED inside the scanner makes it simply easier to spot areas that need cleaning.
Effective data utilization with the advanced software
PaperStream IP, scanner driver for fi Series scanners, provides easier batch scanning and enhanced OCR. These functionalities work seamlessly with PaperStream Capture to offer a wider variety of batch scanning features and assist operators feed information into their organization workflows.
Convenient batch scanning
PaperStream IP offers functions for easy batch sorting through precise registration functionalities. After completing document format registration and setting configuration, the Automatic Profile Selection function recognizes document formats for each scanned document. Pre-set configurations are then utilized to specify image processing settings for each format. With this function, there is no need to adjust settings for every scan, even without the assistance of information like barcodes, separating documents.
*This function is available with PaperStream IP 2.0 and PaperStream Capture/Capture Pro 2.7.
High OCR accuracy with binarization technology
PaperStream IP offers image processing technologies that contribute to more accurate OCR. Advanced Cleanup Technology enables stronger character recognition functionalities, by providing functions such as reversed type extraction, halftone removal and stamp removal. This technology allows you to fully utilize data from scanned documents.
Advanced optional capture software
High-quality, front end scanning software, PaperStream Capture Pro enhances RICOH fi Series’ superior scanning abilities with an improved feature set that includes options for high level data extraction and indexing, the import of electronic images, and support for multi-station licensing. As a distributed capture model, this scanner software captures your data without added costs and resources. This solution benefits organizations and departments that require an efficient yet easy way to convert paper documents into a digital file for high level data indexing and extraction.
*If you would like to use fi-7900 with other fi Series scanners using multi-station setting, driver and software version numbers should be aligned with those supported with other scanners.
|Scanner Type||ADF (Automatic Document Feeder) / Manual Feed, Duplex|
|Scanning Speed*1 (A4 Landscape)(Color*2/Grayscale*2/Monochrome*3)||Simplex: 140 ppm (200/300 dpi)
Duplex: 280 ipm (200/300 dpi)
|Scanning Speed*1 (A4 Portrait)(Color*2/Grayscale*2/Monochrome*3)||Simplex: 105 ppm (200/300 dpi)
Duplex: 210 ipm (200/300 dpi)
|Image Sensor Type||Color CCD x 2 (front x 1, back x 1)|
|Light Source||White LED Array x 4 (front x 2, back x 2)|
|Optical Resolution||600 dpi|
(Color / Grayscale / Monochrome)
|50 to 600 dpi (adjustable by 1 dpi increments), 1,200 dpi (driver)*5|
|Output Format||Color: 24-bit, Grayscale: 8-bit, Monochrome: 1-bit|
|Background Colors||White / Black (selectable)|
|Document Size||Maximum||304.8 x 431.8 mm (12 x 17 in.)|
|Minimum||52 x 74 mm (2 x 3 in.)|
|Long Page Scanning*6||5,588 mm (220 in.)|
|Paper Weight (Thickness)||A4 to A5 Size||20 to 209 g/m² (5.4 to 56 lb)|
|Less than A5 Size / Over A4 Size||41 to 209 g/m² (11 to 56 lb)|
|ADF Capacity*7||500 sheets (A4 80 g/m² or Letter 20 lb)|
|Expected Daily Volume*8||120,000 sheets|
|Multifeed Detection||Overlap detection (Ultrasonic sensor), Length detection|
|Paper Protection||Lag detection|
|Interface||USB 2.0 / USB 1.1|
|Power Requirements||AC 100 to 240 V ±10 %|
|Power Consumption||Operating Mode||200 W or less|
|Sleep Mode||3.2 W or less|
|Auto Standby (Off) Mode||Less than 0.3 W|
|Operating Environment||Temperature||5 to 35 °C (41 to 95 °F)|
|Relative Humidity||20 to 80% (Non-condensing)|
|Environmental Compliance||ENERGY STAR®, RoHS|
|Dimensions*9 (W x D x H)||460 x 430 x 310 mm (18.1 x 16.9 x 12.2 in.)|
|Weight||32 kg (70 lb) or less|
|Supported Operating System||Windows® 11*10, Windows® 10*10, Windows Server® 2022, Windows Server® 2019, Windows Server® 2016, Windows Server® 2012 R2, Windows Server® 2012|
|Software / Drivers||PaperStream IP Driver (TWAIN/TWAIN x64/ISIS), WIA Driver*11, PaperStream Capture, PaperStream ClickScan*12, Software Operation Panel, Error Recovery Guide, Scanner Central Admin Server|
|Image Processing Functions||Multi image output, Automatic color detection, Blank page detection, Static threshold, Dynamic threshold (iDTC), Advanced DTC, SDTC, Error diffusion, Dither, De-Screen, Emphasis, Dropout color (None/Red/Green/Blue/White/Saturation/Custom), sRGB output, Hole punch removal, Cropping, Index tab cropping, Split image, De-Skew, Edge correction, Vertical streaks reduction, Character extraction, Background pattern removal, Automatic profile selection|
|Included Items||AC cable, USB cable, Setup DVD-ROM|
- Scanning speeds may vary due to the system environment. The values shown are the results of the evaluation under the following environment:
- Windows® 10/CPU: Intel® Core™ i3-10105 3.7GHz/Memory: 8GB/Storage: SSD
- Indicated speeds are from using JPEG compression.
- Indicated speeds are from using TIFF CCITT Group 4 compression.
- When scanning in high resolutions (500 dpi or above), scanning may be rejected depending on scanning mode, document size, memory size, and application program. Selectable maximum resolution may vary depending on the length of the scanned document.
- Limitations may apply to the size of documents that can be scanned, depending on system environment, when scanning at high resolution (over 600 dpi).
- Documents between 431.8 mm (17 in.) and 863 mm (34 in.) in length are limited to 400 dpi. Documents between 863 mm and 3,175 mm (125 in.) in length are limited to 300 dpi.
- Maximum capacity depends on paper weight and may vary.
- Numbers are calculated using scanning speeds and typical hours of scanner use, and are not meant to guarantee daily volume or unit durability.
- With the ADF hopper closed.
- fi Series scanners do not run with Windows® 11 and 10 ARM-based PCs.
- Functions equivalent to those offered by PaperStream IP may not be available with the WIA Driver.
- Refer to the fi Series Support Site for driver/software downloads and full lineup of all supported operating system versions.
|Pick Roller||PA03575-K011||Every 600,000 sheets or one year|
|Separator Roller||PA03800-K012||Every 600,000 sheets or one year|
|Brake Roller||PA03575-K013||Every 600,000 sheets or one year|
|Print Cartridge||CA00050-0262||4,000,000 printed characters or 6 months after opening the bag|
|Post Imprinter (FI-680PRF)||PA03575-D201||Front-side printing on document|
|Post Imprinter (FI-680PRB)||PA03575-D203||Back-side printing on document|
|PaperStream Capture Pro Scan Station (MV)||PA43404-A695||PaperStream Capture Pro optional license|
Find out the details about your product's warranty and information on how to extend your warranty.Warranty Information （Worldwide）